|THE ECONOMIC TIMES
Front page of The Economic Times
||Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
||Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd.
||Times House 7 Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, Delhi - 110002, India
The Economic Times is an English-language Indian daily newspaper published by the Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd., (This company along with its other group companies is more popularly known as The Times Group).The Economic Times, started in 1961, is India's largest and among the world's top 3 English Business dailies with a daily circulation of over 620,000 copies.The Economic Times is published simultaneously from 10 Metropoliton Cities-Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Ahemedabad, Chandigarh & Pune. The company also published the Navbharat Times, the Maharashtra Times, Femina, and Filmfare. Its main rivals are the US-based The Wall Street Journal and London-based Financial Times, both of the newspapers publishes several international editions.
The Economic Times has its offices in Mumbai outside Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station. Its main content is based on the Indian economy, share prices, prices of commodities as well as other matters related to finance. The Founder / Editor of the paper when it was launched in 1961 was P.S. Hariharan. The current Executive Editor of The Economic Times is Rahul Joshi.
The Economic Times is characterised by its salmon-pink paper, which it copied from the better-known Financial Times. It is sold in all major cities in India. In June 2009, it also launched a television channel called ET Now. The channel is also headed by Rahul Joshi.
• 1960s and 1970s: PS Hariharan (1961-1964), DK Rangnekar (1964-1979)
• 1980s: Hannan Ezekiel, Manu Shroff (1985-1990)
• 1990s: T. N. Ninan, Swaminathan Anklesaria Aiyar
• 2004: Rajrishi Singhal and Rahul Joshi
• As of 24 April 2004: Rahul Joshi
• Brand Equity (Weekly) - this is a weekly colour supplement that appears every Wednesday, which covers marketing, advertising, media and market research.
• Corporate Dossier is a supplement that appears every Friday, along with The Economic Times aimed at the CEOs of corporate India, with a special focus on management and strategy.
• ET Travel is a weekly all-colour supplement which covers travel and tourism aimed at the burgeoning band of Indians who want to see and know about their country and the rest of the world -- through Indian eyes.
• ZigWheels is a weekly all-colour supplement covering all aspects from the auto industry from new launches and trends to ancillaries and personalities.
• "ET Realty"